In light of the crisis currently facing our nation and world, we want to take just a minute to talk about what matters most in Sandy Springs right now.
While we are an organization that has primarily focused our efforts on affordable housing policies, we know that there are more urgent needs facing our city today.
Sandy Springs Together knows that there are many in our community that would be glad to help, if only they knew where to put their effort.
Please share this with your social media feeds, friends and family, so that we can make it widely known that these resources are available to members of our community.
We will continue to add more resources as we become aware of them.
- Community Assistance Center – Sandy Springs Emergency Assistance for food, rent, utilities, clothes and much more.
- United Way of Greater Atlanta – Individuals and families impacted and in need of support can contact United Way of Greater Atlanta’s 211 Contact Center
- City of Sandy Springs newsletter sign-up – Stay up to date on the City of Sandy Springs actions related to the Covid-19 . Sign up to be immediately notified of city resolutions and other actions.
- CARES ACT: The CARES Act provides fast and direct economic assistance for American workers and families, small businesses, and preserves jobs for American industries.
- Job Networking – Job hunting workshops, resume workshops, job fairs and much more. All services offered virtually during the Corona Virus Crisis.
- Georgia Dept. of Labor
- Small Business Administration
- Small Business Admn. COVID-19 loans
- Georgia Dept. of Public Health a Daily Status Report, which you can access here.
- Centers for Disease Control: updates on the virus and safety information
- Fulton County COVID Testing Information
- Restaurants offering Take Out
- Table and Main Roswell: Free food to those facing food insecurity. Tuesday -Friday 12:00 PM -4:00 PM. 1028 Canton St, Roswell, GA 30075 #TableAndAid
- Fulton County School Meal Distribution Centers
- Food Finder App
Housing, Utilities and Rent
- Utility Disconnection Policies – COVID-19 Policy Response and Resource Page covering energy efficiency and affordable housing advocacy issues/opportunities.
- Rent Adjustment – Sample letters to landlord for rent adjustment during Covid-19
- Housing Justice League – helps renters and homeowners with housing policy, practices and eviction knowledge; focused in Atlanta, but their program is applicable throughout metro Atlanta.
Education Resources for Children and Adults
- Epic Books – Free access 40,000 of the best books, learning videos, quizzes & more for at least 30 days: www.getepic.com
- Center for Puppetry Arts: Free or nearly free online puppet shows for kids https://puppet.org/center-for-puppetry-arts-home/
- Storyline Online – Free Online Stories: https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Unite for Literacy: https://www.uniteforliteracy.com/ Choose the pencil icon and change to Spanish narration.
- Spanish Math Resources: http://www.disfrutalasmatematicas.com/
- Fulton County Library System: http://afpls.org/news/2677-libraries-remain-closed-digital-services-available
- Streaming Storytime Monday – Friday at 11:00am via Facebook Live. Please tune into @FulcoLibrary on Facebook to join the virtual storytime.
- Free Virtual Field Trips and Activities: https://www.wearethemighty.com/MIGHTY-SURVIVAL/free-virtual-field-trips-quarantine?rebelltitem=3#rebelltitem3
- Scholastic Magazine Daily Activities for kids: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Fulton County Schools Coronavirus Updates: https://www.fultonschools.org/coronavirus
- Remote Learning Resources
- Indoor Recess
- Sing-along video from the students – Sandy Springs Conservancy lift your spirits and join the fun.
- FREE virtual performing classes in voice, dance, and more livestream on ZOOM – follow on Instagram @CSTconservatory to get each day’s meeting codes and passwords
- Common sense media social media reviews for parents – What is safe for your kids to watch on Social Media? https://www.commonsensemedia.org/
- Alliance Theater – Free or low cost online productions
- Livestreams and Virtual Concerts
- Free Broadway Musicals
Emotional and Mental Health Resources
- First Aid for Feelings: A Workbook to Help Kids Cope During the Coronavirus Pandemic is a free workbook from the Yale Child Study Center–Scholastic Collaborative, written by child development expert Denise Daniels. This comforting resource is designed to help children alleviate stress and anxiety and to provide a sense of control during changing times. This workbook will encourage children to express their thoughts and feelings while providing families with simple strategies to help kids handle emotions.
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Coronavirus Questions for Kids
- Talking with children about Covid-19
- Mental Health and Covid-19 Information and Resources: https://mhanational.org/covid19
- Just Breathe Video
- Etiquette: https://www.fultonschools.org/cms/lib/GA50000114/Centricity/Domain/248/VirtualMeetingEtiquetteHighlights.pdf
- Google hangouts
Internet and WiFi Resources
- Charter Communications – Free Access to Spectrum Broadband and Wi-Fi For 60 Days For New K-12 and College Student Households
- Comcast: Two months free internet access
- Internet Options for students on Low Income
- City of Sandy Springs COVID-19 Website (City Government Info)
- State of Ga. Health Centers (COVID-19 Hotline)
- Fulton Co. Resource List (Internet Access, At-Home Activities, etc.)
- 60 Days of Free Internet
Helpful Resources for Seniors
AARP will host weekly live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1:00pm. The next call will be on Thursday, March 19.
Government officials will answer your questions about avoiding coronavirus scams and providing resources for family caregivers.
You can call their toll-free number, 855-274-9507, to join the live event. You can also listen to the live stream, here: http://bit.ly/2x9paX3
Resources to Help Others
- Community Assistance Center
- The CAC offers emergency assistance to Sandy Springs and Dunwoody individuals and families needing food and cash assistance. They are in need of volunteers, and financial donations.